Wednesday, June 8, 2011

It's Officially Begun!

Yesterday was the official kickoff event for the Go Red For Women Better U Challenge. We were introduced to the sponsors, received information and introduced ourselves to everyone in attendance.

I was able to meet most of the women participating in the challenge and I am looking forward to getting to know them all. I'm looking forward to going through this journey with them.

Today, I found out my results for my cholesterol & diabetes were normal! This is such a praise with my family medical history and the fact that I have not been to the doctor in more than two years! I am just so thankful for this opportunity and still find it hard to believe that I have been given this amazing blessing!

Tomorrow, I will meet with the trainer to go over my family history and do an assessment so he can create a workout for me. I am so ready for this and so excited to using the St. John's Fitness Center!

So in case you can't tell, I am very excited to be one of the 10 women chosen to participate in the challenge! I am so ready to learn how to make this change a permanent lifestyle change and I am so excited to be able to tell everyone that it is all thanks to God! Absolutely amazing!

Have a wonderful Thursday!

Many Blessings,
Jenn

P.S. This is really silly but I'm super excited because I received a tweet from Chris August, the reigning CCM Male Vocalist of the Year and one of my favorite artists, today! I posted that I was listening to his album and thinking about going to his show later this month. He responded, "@jenntaylor417: I think that's a pretty good idea :)" How Awesome is that?!!! Yep, I admit it, I am that girl that is a little giddy right now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment