Thursday, June 23, 2011

Going For It!

I'm feeling pretty good and excited after completing my second workout of the day!

I met with the trainer at 5:15 p.m. for my lower body workout, second workout of the week. I completed 4 super sets including: leg presses, leg curls, squats on the leg press, "Good Mornings" with weight bars, wall sits and mountain climbs. I was pretty excited to find out that almost 9 years after my weight training in high school I was able to leg press 95 lbs. on my first day. Although some of the exercises were easier than the others, I definitely gave it my all.

For my second workout of the day, I went to the gym to complete my second cardio session of the week. In a little over 3 hours, I completed 3.1 miles (5K) on the treadmill and was able to burn 300 calories. I still felt pretty good and am pretty excited about the idea of doing a 5K later in the year or beginning of next year. I feel so blessed! God is giving me an amazing amount of strength and determination to get through this challenge. I'm so grateful.

Also, I am super excited that my dear friend, Christie, is going to be my accountability partner! We have been doing Zumba for a few months now and are both committed to making healthier choices in our lives. I'm so thankful for Christie! Love you, lady; you are such an inspiration to me! :)

Finally, I am excited to begin nutrition classes with Fitness Together on Saturday. I will get to see all the ladies again and we will receive some great nutrition education for an hour and a half. FT is providing this service to us for the next five Saturdays. The trainer said today that each class is the equivalent of two sessions at FT. So I am looking forward it!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Many Blessings,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment