Monday, June 20, 2011

Committed

Well I have officially discovered why they call Better U a "Challenge!" It's a challenge in itself to try to fit in three upper, lower and full body workouts with an additional three cardio workouts, and try to function with your everyday let alone an extra busy week. To all the Moms going through the challenge with me, I admire you so much! I don't know how you do it but I would love to hear your experiences! Last week was crazy, good, but crazy!

Nevertheless, I am committed to making myself an overall "healthy" person. In order to take full advantage of the wonderful opportunities available in this program, I decided that it probably work best with my schedule to go ahead and do the two workouts three times a week. I know it will be tough but so worth it & after this challenge & by the end of this year, I expect to be at my goal weight! I will work with Fitness Together on Mondays & Thursdays, then go to the gym for cardio later in the evening. I will also have to fit in another full body workout, as well as cardio, most likely on Saturday. Speaking of Saturdays, we will begin our nutrition classes this Saturday.  

The classes will be meeting for an hour and a half for five weeks. I cannot wait to hear their suggestions for nutrition. I'm anxious to see if I will need to make many more changes or if I've already made the majority of the needed changes. I'm also a little bit nervous about this though too. Since Summer is so busy, I hope I will be able to make all the sessions but I know it too will be a challenge. Definitely a worthy challenge though!

So today's workouts were good. Had a different upper body session today. I worked out a lot on the exercise ball to work on my core while lifting the weights and then did some awesome crunches. Yep, I'm going to hurt again but as they say, "No pain, no gain," and I definitely want to gain muscle. 

The cardio also was more of a workout today. I spent 30 minutes working on the treadmill with the suggested routine and had the extra "glistening" going on when I left. Awesome. Then, I proceeded to go grocery shopping and that was, well, interesting. Lots of interesting people are in the grocery store at 11 p.m., even the nice stores, but at least the music was good & we will be eating good this week.

Well I guess I better sign off before I fall asleep. Thank you all for your continuing support. You are such a blessing to me!

Many Blessings,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment