Friday, June 3, 2011

Beginning the Journey

Life is full of journey. From the day we are born to the day we meet our Maker, we embark on different adventures during childhood and the years following. Sixteen months ago, with much prayer, I set out on a new journey to overcome a lifelong struggle with my weight.

After years of battling with unsuccessful diets, I finally gave my struggle to God realizing that He is my Creator; our bodies are the Temple of God; and knowing that any struggle or success I have is only possible by His Will. Once I gave Him my burden, He has blessed me with the strength to make new eating and exercise habits, truly making a lifestyle change. As of May 11, 2011, I have lost 100 pounds. Thank you, Jesus!

I am so thankful to God for this opportunity, and for the tremendous support and encouragement from my family and friends. Furthermore, the journey is about to become even more exciting as I begin the final stretch of my weight loss and once again God has blessed me with a great opportunity to participate in the American Heart Association's BetterU Challenge. I am thrilled to be one of the 10 local women chosen and hope to be an encouragement to many other women during the journey. I am pleased to report that I have already had a successful first visit with a local cardiologist's office and am looking forward to the official start on Monday.

My hope is to share this wonderful experience with you all in this blog, reporting on God's amazing blessings. Thank you all so much for your amazing support and prayers. I look forward to sharing this journey with you.

Many Blessings,
Jenn

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." -- Philippians 4:13


No comments:

Post a Comment