Saturday, July 2, 2011

Energized

It's been a great but busy week and it's just going to get busier. I'm going full speed ahead with the American Heart Association's Go Red For Women Better U Challenge along with working full-time, and trying to fit in all of my other normal activities. It's a jam-packed summer and I'm loving it! To cap it off, my wonderful co-workers & I will be leaving for Phoenix in less than a month. I can't wait to see what God has in store for PHX!

After completing the first nutrition class last Saturday, it's been a full week of trying to incorporate nutrition, training & cardio. I've been encouraged to keep track of what I've been eating. It's not the simplest thing but I've been doing pretty good on plugging the info into my phone. It's definitely harder to add more, healthier calories. However, I've been working on my nutrition for a while and within time, I know I will be able to make the necessary changes to have the complete heart healthy fitness package.

I've completed 2 training & 2 cardio workouts this week. The workouts are definitely becoming more intense and I think I am keeping up the pace. Thursday was full of lower body and abdominal exercises, including lots of squats, lunges, wall sits & more. During the post-workout stretch I got to do some boxing again & I love boxing! It's so much fun! I also completed 3.25 miles during my cardio session last night. The workout took less than 70 minutes & I was very encouraged. In March, I participated in the Walk for MS with my friend, Jess, & we completed 3 miles in 70 minutes. So the fact that I was able to do the 3.25 in less than 70 minutes is definitely a great improvement. I'm so excited!

Equally as exciting is the report that I had on the scales this morning! According to my scale, which is not as accurate as Fitness Together's, I am officially down 110 lbs. since February 2010! I could not be more excited, energized & so thankful for this amazing opportunity that God has placed in my life! This is going to sound so corny but I feel like I have enough excitement and energy to burst like a firecracker, & it's all thanks to God! He has given me this amazing desire & strength to conquer this struggle. I have never been more encouraged & determined to make a change in my life & God has completely given me more than I could even think of, ask for, or imagine & it's not over yet! (Sorry for all the exclamation points, I'm just a little excited. :) )

Thank you all for your tremendous support; I appreciate it more than I could ever express. Love you all & hope you have a wonderful 4th of July weekend with your family & friends!

Many Blessings,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment