Sunday, July 10, 2011

Goin' 90 to nothin'

I survived the crazy, awesome holiday week!

Got home about an hour ago from spending the weekend with family in St. Louis! We had a great time & I was able to stick to my guns & eat healthy, even at the ballpark! We took healthy snacks to eat on the road & at the park thanks to my wonderful Momma. She prepared grapes, cantaloupe, marshmallows, popcorn, and a trail mix for us. Thanks, Momma! Loved, loved, loved seeing the family & enjoying the game together. Stayed overnight & was able to visit today. We were even treated with a call from the cousins in Florida. So we had a fantastic time!

The trip was definitely the reward for a great, short holiday week. I completed all my workouts, including my hardest workout on Thursday at FT. I was worn out Thursday but felt great. I completed the circuit that included ball squats, high steps, dead lifts, planks, and more. The first round was good & each round definitely got harder! I began sweating heavily after the completion of the second round & it took me a little while to catch my breath after the third & final round. Even though I was truly tested & worn out, I was thrilled to know that I could do it. 

The full body & cardio were done Friday night & then I attended the nutrition class on Saturday morning. I'm really enjoying the classes. We're getting very valuable, applicable information. Suggestions for meals & snacks were given this week along with comparisons of the healthy & not-so-healthy choices. Lots of great information was received & I'm looking forward to putting it to good use. Glad to be able to spend time with my fellow Better U ladies, getting to know them & encouraging each other along the way.

So I'm very thankful for a wonderful week & looking forward to the week ahead! We're changing things up this week with the program. We'll be doing a full body workout tomorrow, then taking mid-program assessments for the second session. I'm really looking forward to seeing my progress! On my own this week, I will doing the upper & lower body workouts, as well as the 360 cardio sessions.

Have a happy, healthy week!

Many Blessings,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment